October - November
The Sound of Music
- December 02, 2011 - December 18, 2011
- Recurring weekly on Sunday, Friday, Saturday
- Event Times: Friday & Saturday, 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, 2:30 p.m.
- Event Admission: $42, $34, $26, $20
- Location: The John G. Shedd Institute for the Arts 868 High St, Eugene, OR 97401
- More Info: 541.434.7000
Enjoy this popular, full-stage holiday production of the classic musical.
- December 03, 2011 - December 04, 2011
- Recurring daily
- Event Times: Saturday, 7 p.m. & Sunday, 2 p.m.
- Event Admission: $18
- Location: Hult Center for the Performing Arts 7th & Willamette St, Eugene, OR 97401
- More Info: 541.682.5000
A modern twist on the classic tale of the Nutcracker set to music by
Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Norah Jones and more. Over 200 youth
dancers bring the story to life this holiday season.
The Grinch - A Children's Theater Production
- December 09, 2011 - December 10, 2011
- Event Times: Friday, 7 p.m.; Saturday, 2 & 7 p.m.
- Event Admission: $10
- Location: Upstart Crow Studios 855 W 1st Ave., Eugene, OR 97401
- More Info: 541.688.8260
Holiday madness strikes as Whoville finds Christmas has disappeared. Will
Cindy Lou Who be able to make things right? Come out for this delightful
holiday musical performed by a talented all-youth cast, ages 5-13.
- December 31, 2011 - January 01, 2012
- Event Times: Saturday, 11:59 p.m. & Sunday, 10 a.m.
- Event Admission: $15 - $30 + shirt
- Location: Valley River Inn 1000 Valley River Way, Eugene, OR 97401
- More Info: 541.484.9883
Start the new year with a 10K (6.2 mile) and 5K (3.1 mile) run or walk
along the Willamette River. Participate on New Year's Eve, New Year's Day
or both. For the best New Year's Eve celebration in the valley, enjoy the
party before and after the race.
25th Annual Lighted Christmas Parade
• Date: December 3, 2011
• Time: 4:30 PM - 6:30 PM
• Entries may begin lining up on Diagonal St. at 2:30 p.m. All entries must be lined up prior to 4 p.m. Walking groups and bands will line up in the Stonebraker-McQuary and US Bank parking lots. Parade numbers will be assigned in the order applications are recived. Parade numbers will be mailed out to entries recived by Nov. 28th.
Winter Spirit Cookies with Kendall
• Date: Friday, December 9th
• Time: 5:30PM
• Location: Locomotive Park
Bring your family to Locomotive Park for refreshments and Kendall Subaru giveaways and enjoy this very special event every Christmas season!
The Park Lights are on:
Sunday - 4:30pm to 10pm
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - 4:30pm to 9pm
Thursday, Friday, Saturday - 4:30pm to 12am
2011 Sesquicentennial New Year's Eve Gala
• Date: December 31, 2011 - January 1, 2012
• Event Location: The Lewis Clark Plaza, 111 Main Street, Lewiston
• Date/Time Information: December 31, 2011, 8:00 PM to 2012
• Fees/Admission: $50.00 per person
• More Info: http://www.lcvalleychamber.org
New Year's Eve Gala celebrating the 150th anniversary of Lewiston. Includes heavy hors d' oeuvres, champagne toast in commemorative flute, party favors, music and dancing. Black tie or period attire recommended.
A Christmas Story
• Show Dates: Dec 2, 3, 9, 10 @ 8PM Dec 3, 4, 10, 11 @ 2PM
• Tickets: Adults-$10 advance purchase/$12 show time
• Children 12 and under $8 advance purchase/ $10 show time
• Location: Stevensville Playhouse 319 Main Street Stevensville, MT 59870
• More Info: 406-777-2722
Humorist Jean Shepherd's memoir of growing up in the midwest in the 1940s follows 9-year-old Ralphie Parker in his quest to get a genuine Red Ryder BB gun under the tree for Christmas
Ralphie pleads his case before his mother, his teacher and even Santa Claus himself, at Goldblatt's Department Store
All the elements from the beloved motion picture are here, including the family's temperamental exploding furnace; Scut Farkas, the school bully; the boys' experiment with a wet tongue on a cold lamppost; the Little Orphan Annie decoder pin; Ralphie's father winning a lamp shaped like a woman's leg in a net stocking; Ralphie's fantasy scenarios and more.
Missoula Festival of Trees
• Date: Thursday, December 1st - Friday, December 2nd
• Age Group: All Ages
• Location: Hilton Garden Inn 3720 North Reserve Street Missoula, MT
• Tickets: Sold at The Community Medical Center Gift Shop, Mountain Home Montana, Rockin' Rudy's, Southgate Mall Information Desk or online at: www.2011missoulafestivaloftrees.eventbrite.com
You are invited to the 13th annual Missoula Festival of Trees December 1st-3rd! The 2011 Missoula Festival of Trees is presented by Good Food Store and the Hilton Garden Inn. Join us! Your tree is waiting...
Tour of Trees Sponsored by: Garlington, Lohn & Robinson and Northwestern Energy
Thursday December 1st and Friday December 2nd, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. $2 per person suggested donation
Jingle Bell Jam Sponsored by: DirecTV
Thursday December 1st, 7 p.m.-11 p.m. Featuring The Cold Hard Cash Show Tickets: $25 single, $40 couple
Dinner Gala & Live & Silent Auction
Sponsored by: Blackfoot Telecommunications Group & Community Medical Center
Friday, December 2, 6 PM to 9 PM Featuring Festive Formal sit-down meal, cash bar
Mingle with friends through the trees and Silent & Live Auction items Tickets: $75/Single, $1000/Corporate Table
Teddy Bear Tea Party
Sponsored by: Missoula Pediatric Dentistry & Missoula Federal Credit Union
Saturday, December 3, 10 AM to 11 AM Come visit with Santa, listen to a holiday story told by Mrs. Claus, and enjoy making a take-home craft in Santa's Workshop Tickets: $7/Single
This event was a sold out success in 2010. 2011 Event is limited to 150 guests
Proceeds benefit Mountain Home Montana and the Community Medical Center Foundation.
First Night Missoula
• Date: 12/31/2011
• Time: 12:00PM
• Age Group: All Ages
• Location: Downtown Missoula, U of Montana, Southgate Mall 327 East Broadway Missoula, MT 59802
• More Info: 541-0860 or www.missoulacultural.org
The Missoula Cultural Council presents First Night Missoula, the eighteenth annual New Year's Eve community-wide, alcohol-free celebration of the arts. First Night 2012 will showcase over 90 performances and activities in 30 venues throughout downtown Missoula, the University of Montana campus, and Southgate Mall from noon until midnight on Saturday, December 31, 2011. Music, theatre, dance, children's programs, visual arts, and more highlight this magical day-long event. The festival promises something for everyone, including free shuttle service for all participants provided by Beach Transportation. Admission buttons are $12 in advance ($15 on December 31), with children ages 7 and under free, and starting in December will be available on line at www.missoulacultural.org/firstnight, and at over 20 locations throughout Missoula and in the Bitterroot Valley.
Special events include the Children's Parade of Hats at Southgate Mall at 1:00 p.m. (come any time after 12:00 noon, and the Mall will provide masks and decorations); Ice Carvings on the Courthouse Lawn; the Celtic Dragon Pipe Band; the First Night Star High School talent competition; and the Grand Finale at the University Center with a choice of Featured Artist the Ed Norton Big Band and the Drum Brothers.